Just 20 days left before the great anniversary of Thang Long Hanoi, Hanoi streets are lighted with colorful lanterns and meaningful symbols of the capital in the evening. Citizens are eager to enjoy and taking photos. (Photos of Hanoi)
Activities to celebrate the 1000th Thang Long Hanoi anniversary in Hanoi from October 1-10, 2010
1. A special circus show entitled Hanoi The city for peace at Thien Quang Lake, Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc square and the National Circus.
2. Music concerts by famous Vietnamese artists at the Hanoi Opera House.
3. Performance of ancient dances of Thang Long Hanoi at the Ly Thai To Flower Garden.
4. International music and stage festival with the participation of art troupes from some 1000 year-old cities in the world (around 29 troupes).
5. A big concert performed by Vietnamese and foreign orchestras at the Hanoi Opera House.
6. A parade and performance by contestants in the Miss World 2010 pageant in Vietnam.
7. The national press awards ceremony about 1000th Thang Long Hanoi anniversary.
8. The awards ceremony of the international competition on knowledge about Thang Long Hanoi, entitled Hanoi Your Rendezvous.
9. The awards ceremony of the contest on knowledge of Thang Long Hanoi for Vietnamese citizens.
Another Article : Pictures of the Presidential Palace of Hanoi
10. Photo exhibition of Hanoi at 93 Dinh Tien Hoang street and 45 Trang Tien street.
11. A calligraphy exhibition and festival at Van Mieu (Temple of Literature).
12. Bat Trang ceramic Tradition and Modernity exhibition on Yen Phu road, Bat Trang village.
13. Exhibition of famous battlefields and campaigns in the military history of Vietnam at the Vietnam Military History Museum.
14. Exhibition of national heroes and famous scholars of Vietnam at the Revolution Museum.
15. Exhibition entitled Hearts to Thang Long Hanoi, which will display products of individuals and organisations presented to Hanoi on the occasion of the 1000th Thang Long Hanoi anniversary at the Hanoi Friendship Palace.
16. Ancient Thang Long Hanoi exhibition at the Hanoi Museum.
17. Performance of traditional ao dai.
18. Hanoi food festival.
19. A kite-flying festival.
20. The launching ceremony of a collection of books about Thang Long Hanoi
21. The announcement ceremony of a national research work about 1000 years of Thang Long Hanoi.
22. Inauguration ceremony of the Hanoi Museum on Pham Hung road, Tu Liem district.
23. Inauguration of Hoa Binh Park in Tu Liem district.
24. Inauguration of statues of President Ho Chi Minh and President Ton Duc Thang at Thong Nhat islet in Thong Nhat Park.
25. Inauguration of the Workers Theatre on Trang Tien street.
26. Inauguration of the Thanh Tri and Vinh Tuy bridges across the Red River.
27. Exhibition of the development plan for expanded Hanoi at the Planning and Construction Exhibition Palace in Tu Liem district.
28. Inauguration of the Lang Hoa Lac Highway.